Friday 8 November 2013

Why I have decided to watch piracy...another journey

It was a hard decision not to watch all kinds of pirated material. Two decisions lead me to decide to watch a pirated copy of Alan Doyle's Boy on Bridge documentary when it eventually appears. It is increasingly frustrating trying to do the right thing and watch legal material.

This week I went into a DVD store to buy a new series of one of my favourite television series. I was told it would not be available until next  year. But they are already three seasons ahead in the US I tell the assistant who looks at me unsympathetically.

The second has been explained in the previous post. As the Great Big Sea fandom buzzes with excitement of Alan Doyle's documentary being shown on Canadian television, a lot of other fans including Americans and I can't watch it so I am going to watch a pirated copy.

I am on a journey into the world of pirated material and looking for reasons as to why we should watch pirated material whether it be music, movies or television shows.

To be continued...

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...