Thursday 11 December 2014

Alan Doyle, O'Reilly's pub and live streaming...

O’Reilly’s Pub@oreillys_pub It’s the worst kept secret in town. @alanthomasdoyle is onstage at @oreillys_pub 7pm! You can watch live…11 December 2014

Technology never ceases to amaze me. It is about 6.30 a.m and a tweet has been circulated that Alan Doyle will be performing live at O’Reilly’s pub in St John’s in about half an hour. It’s early morning and I am sitting at my computer in Australia eating my breakfast watching and listening to some great music and the good people of St. John’s having a great time dancing, singing and drinking the night away. Even though I was in Australia, the vantage point of the camera made me feel included in this small intimate show. I of course would have rather been there, but as I can’t this was the next best thing. The band was on fire singing some Alan Doyle Band and Great Big songs. Alan Doyle always the storyteller told the story of how he met his band members Cory and Kendal.

I also love the way the good people of St. John's and Newfoundland were not shy about getting up on stage and singing a song for us. Many thanks to Alan Doyle, his band, O’Reilly’s pub and the good people of St. John’s for allowing us, the world and Australia to party with them on this Wednesday night, via technology. It was a grand night (well morning here) indeed.

O'Reilly's Pub Now this is something special. Fergus O'Byrne, Mannying 77 and more joining Alanthomasdoyle onstage at O'Reilly's_pub 10 December 2014 (from Twitter no copyright infringement intended).

Embedded image permalink



Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...