Sunday 18 December 2016

Alan Doyle And The Beautiful Gypsies…My favourites for 2016 are…

Last year I wrote a post called Alan Doyle…My favourites for 2015 are…and was published on the 27 November, 2015. I have decided to do the same again this year.

The winners of my favourite fan and professional photographs, videos and reviews as voted entirely by me…the fan blogger. I also included my favourite event that I would have most like to have gone to and Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies fan of the year.

Many thanks to Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies, the professionals and fans who generously share their words, stories, photographs and videos online. I really appreciate and enjoy them.

My favourite Alan Doyle tweet from his official Twitter account this year is…

Alan Doyle as part of Great Big Sea and now on his own has always shared his knowledge of Newfoundland history and culture, challenged stereotypes of Newfoundlanders and spoken up for Newfoundland and Newfoundlanders. These are some of the reasons why I am a fan and absolutely adore him. It takes a lot of guts to speak up sometimes.

As a fan I find it pretty hard to remember all the things that happen during the year in the professional life of a favourite musician and artist when one relies so much on social media for information and when your favourites take full advantage of social media not only to share information but to interact with fans.

My favourite tweet of the year was when Alan spoke up for a fellow Newfoundlander and member of parliament after they shared their story of online abuse.




My second favourite tweet was when Alan spoke up for Newfoundland when a Canadian mainland journalist admitted her firsts impressions of Newfoundland were wrong after she visited the island during the summer.








The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle official social media account…


My favourite Alan Doyle official social media account goes to Instagram. I love all the photographs he posts from home in Newfoundland or on the road touring. I of course absolutely adore his selfies.

It was hard to pick a favourite but I adore both these absolutely drop dead gorgeous Alan selfies. The first one is of him and his dog Spencer and the second one is from earlier this year with his Winter beard. 









The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies band photograph is...

I love this Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies band photograph taken during a tour of America. This photograph was published originally Alan Doyle's official Twitter and then Facebook accounts.





The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle fan photograph is…


My favourite fan photograph of Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies was taken during the Canadian summer at PNE in Vancouver. The fan then got the photograph autographed by the members of the band and posted it on the Great Big Sea Online Kitchen Party Facebook page. It is absolutely awesome. No copyright infringement intended.





The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle fan videos are…

There were two highlights for me. The first one was of an excellent sound recording of an early Great Big Sea pub concert in St. John’s, Newfoundland. This sound recording was made available for download to members of the Great Big Sea Online Kitchen Party on Facebook.




The second one was a bootlegged Alan Doyle Trio concert in Ithaca. Alan and The Gypsies were caught at the Canadian/US border without the correct documentation.

Although I don’t agree with the philosophy of bootlegging full concerts these bootlegs told an interesting story and were well recorded. I really love the bootlegs of a solo Alan Doyle and guitar. Again these were distributed on the Great Big Sea Online Kitchen Party on Facebook.





The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle professional photograph is…

This year Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies played at a range of festivals over the Canadian summer. These festivals were attended and written about by reviewers and photographers from a range of online music webpage pages. As part of their story Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies were included especially in photographs.

After extensive research my favourite photographs are these two taken at the KL Community Complex on 25 June, 2016 by J.R. Doaust. I copied my two favourites here and provided a link to the official site. No copyright infringement intended.

Kirkland Lake Festivals Committee http://klfestivals.com/index.php?id=62







My other favourite photographs of Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies were taken by Sean Sisk and are now used as promotional posts for their concerts. No copyright infringement intended.




The winner of my favourite professional concert review is…

My favourite review was by regular Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies concert goer Jaime Lubin. The article was titled ‘Take Us Home: Alan Doyle and the Beautiful Gypsies Come to Eddie’s Attic’ published on 23 March, 2016 in the Huffington Post. A link to the photographs is copied below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jaime-lubin/take-us-home-alan-doyle-a_b_9525610.html


My other favourite review was ‘1, 2, 3, 4: Alan Doyle & The Beautiful Gypsies at Boots & Hearts 2016!’ Photos by Ray Williams and Trish Cassling, published 7 August, 2016. The review contained some absolutely gorgeous photographs of Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies. A link to the photographs is copied below.

http://www.thereviewsarein.com/2016/08/07/1-2-3-4-alan-doyle-the-beautiful-gypsies-at-boots-hearts-2016/






Alan Doyle favourite event of 2016…

My favourite Alan Doyle events and wish I was there events are those held in St. John’s, Newfoundland.

The event I wish I could have gone to the most this year was the Concert for Fort McMurray at O’Reilly’s Pub on George Street or Erin’s on Water Street. The event was supported by Alan Doyle and lots of local Newfoundland musicians for a great cause and raised a lot of money.






Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies fan of 2016…

For their contribution to social media and providing appropriate emotional support to fans in need.

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...