Friday 28 April 2017

Russell Crowe and Instagram…A new official social media account.

Several days ago Russell Crowe tweeted on his official Twitter account that he would soon have official accounts on Instagram and Facebook providing him with not only a way to combat the number of fake social media accounts out there with his name on them but also a larger audience and longer platform with which to express himself when the need arises. Until recently he had only an official account on Twitter.

Over the past couple of days traditional news organisations and in particular those in Russell’s adopted country of Australia have reported that he now has an official account on the social media site Instagram, what he chose to circulate and that his presence has attracted approximately 60 000 followers in four days. (Russell’s official Twitter account have been where traditional news organisations and gossip webpages get much of their information about him from and including me for my blog). I am looking forward to what Russell posts and shares on his account.

Russell’s presence on Instagram coincides with the release of his new album ‘The Musical’ with the Indoor Party Garden crew including Alan Doyle, Scott Grimes, Samantha Barks and Carl Falk. As Russell has done on his official Twitter account, he has continued to release snippets of songs from the album. 


I have resisted from listening to these snippets because I wanted to hear the album in it’s completion without any outside influences. But I just couldn’t resist those shared on Instagram. What a surprise they have turned out to be. 

One of the snippets called ‘Everything I Touch’ in which Russell sings sounds absolutely awesome and his voice amazing and in fine form. I am really looking forward to hearing more from this album as it has definitely been a labour of love from all those involved taking over 6 years to complete.

I found Russell’s first post about what it takes to be a great actor really interesting. His advice is that in order to be a great actor one must be able to make the perfect Ratatouille and then goes onto provide his recipe. This post really surprised me as I never thought Russell would eat vegetarian food or use a vegetarian recipe as his first post on Instagram because he raises quality organic beef on his Nana Glen farm. Anyway I love vegetarian food and can’t wait to try his recipe on my next meat free day.

Russell has also included a plug for Alan Doyle in a post about one of the songs they have written together 'Fight Another Day'. Hopefully with some of the recent publicity Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies have been receiving in Australia they may consider coming here for some concerts.

I have included a screenshot of Russell’s first post from his official Instagram account. The post contains a drop dead gorgeous selfie. No copyright infringement intended.



Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...