Monday 25 June 2012

Lyndahere And The Dangers of Blogging...A response.

There was nonsense too, the same old mean shit (done by the same old stupid mean bullies for the most part) that I shouldn’t have let delay me for a moment let alone a day or two. Foolish of me far more foolish than any bully because unlike those bullies, I know the truth, I know what matters here @lyndahere Between The Rock and A Hardplace webpage 22 February 2012.

Individuals such as Lyndahere (@lyndahere) want us to believe that they have a right to take others work and do as they please without consultation or permission of the owners of the work. Lyndahere believes it is totally appropriate for her to attend a performance of any artist including Great Big Sea and Alan Doyle and his band, film it and distribute it without the permission of the owners of the work. As soon as she could she uploaded the recordings to her YouTube site BetweenTheRock and madly sent all those concerned a link.

She would be the first to call the police if someone broke into her house and stole goods in particular her beloved computer, camera and video recorder. The copyright laws and using material under fair usage are different in Canada and America the two countries where Lyndahere live and are both currently being reviewed. However, it is not lawful in Canada to follow people from place to place and it is illegal to download material and distribute it.

There are many dangers for an individual who takes on causes and stand up for injustices on social media against bullies and bullying from the likes of Lyndahere. When I contacted Lyndahere and sent her a private copy of my essay to her webpage Between The Rock and a Hard Place in the hope that it may change her behaviour she attacked me on her Twitter page even though I had not contacted her on Twitter. She informed her followers I had sent a hateful post. When I challenged her she would not publish the post which now forms the bases of this blog so people could make up their own minds. She failed to recognise her behaviour may cause someone distress. Lyndahere obtained an ISP address and threatened to contact employers for sending what she deemed hateful posts. Twitter and social media can serve as weapon to threaten and intimidate others and maintain control.

She criticised and challenged me for not writing a post not under my real name although she does not write under her own name. She did not respond to the Twitter posts I wrote but wrote Twitter posts to followers behind my back. This is not the first time I have read posts written by her about people behind their backs to followers. The outbursts were removed but I guess served as a warning for other Great Big Sea fans who dared to challenge her. She is not interested in discussing the impact of her way of life and behaviour on others. There was nonsense too, the same old mean shit (done by the same old stupid mean bullies for the most part) that I shouldn’t have let delay me for a moment let alone a day or two. @lyndahere Between The Rock and A Hardplace webpage 22 February 2012.


Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...