Tuesday 16 October 2012

Lyndahere...Thank you to the readers of my blog.

Dear Readers

I would like to thank all the people who have taken the time to read my blog. I hope it has made you think about the issues that involve so many of the musicians we love and admire. My hits have gone through the roof. The aim of this blog is not to bully Lyndahere (@lyndahere) with abusive and rude comments. The aim is not to make the musicians chose sides because the side they will chose is what is best for their family and those they love. Which they should. The musicians have been dealing with these issues and this person for many years and they are still producing music and having sell out concerts in Canada and overseas.

The aim is to get Lyndahere to change her behaviour and work within the laws that protect the musicians who create the work we love and admire. That is to get permission ie a license to record and reproduce music. She snobs the laws meant to protect musicians. Research shows that regularly broadcast live music can deter ticket sales.

It is the musicians choice about how they choose to promote their music and who they tweet and retweet on Twitter and how they use social media. But I am a consumer and how I buy and view music on YouTube is my choice. I hope that my blog makes you think about the issues involved for us as consumers and for the musicians.

If you feel strongly enough about this issue report it to the appropriate authorities including US customs and the anti piracy commission in Canada. A list will be provided soon. I have provided a list of options for you to take action on the post Free Culture.

Liz Smith

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...