Wednesday 31 October 2012

Lyndahere...The truth please (revised).

As the saying goes it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. The same goes for being the fan of a musician or music group. It is better to have been a fan and to experience disappointment than never to have been a fan at all. So I am going to ask what is the relationship between Lynda Elstad or @lyndahere, Great Big Sea and Alan Doyle? After the events of the last couple of weeks I am not really sure exactly what the relationship between them all is?

It is typical of @lyndahere to undermine an important event in the professional lives of Alan Doyle and Great Big Sea. Yesterday was the launch of Great Big Sea XX. So I am not surprised when @lyndahere tweeted on Twitter she had gained access to a Great Big Sea performance at an event associated with CBC music and Great Big Sea and made videos. I find it interesting an organisation like CBC Music Canada who makes official videos would allow a member of the public to create bootlegged material at concerts associated with them. Something about having exclusive rights comes to mind. Anyone who signs a contract with Great Big Sea or Alan Doyle to make a video with an audience will know that it will be bootlegged prior to or after being screened.  

It is also unusual for Great Big Sea or Alan Doyle not to publicise an appearance, competition or the event on their Twitter account (Bob Hallett retweeted a Warner Music Canada tweet). I had visited CBC Music and their streaming of the Great Big Sea XX album everyday for the last week and a half and never saw a contest advertised. When asked how she obtained tickets to the event she said through a competition and then couldn’t remember how she got the tickets. 

@lyndahere wrote on her Twitter site...

@lyndahere MT @CBC_Music ‘What am I doing here?” Watch @BlueRodeo and @Great_Big_Sea 30 October 2012
@rydunn Were you there?I didn’t even hear about this show. 30 October 2012
@lyndhere Yes I don’t think there were any public tickets for sale it was all a contest winners & comps. See @CBC_Music for show video links. 30 October 2012
@rydunn Ah really eh! How did you score ticket? 30 October 2012
@lyndahere The same way most who suck at contests: Know someone who knows someone(It was news/contest on BR.com too) 30 October 2012
@rydunn hah yes I figured oh well I guess I’ll wait till Sunday to see them. 30 October 2012
@lyndahere And I’ve got a few videos of my own I’ll put up after CBC put up theirs. (And when I get a decent internet connection). 30 October 2012
@rydunn Um, make that Bluerodeo.com. Apparently, BR.com is something else Oops. 30 October 2012

After checking the Twitter page of Blue Rodeo there was no mention of a contest advertised. I find it interesting that a band would not advertise a competition for it's 25th anniversary show in Toronto. @lyndahere states she got tickets to this event through someone she knows who knew someone. Then all the seats available were not through a competition. I gather there are regulations covering competitions in Canada in making them fair and honest.

When a competition for the Live at Revival filming of Alan Doyle’s album was held on Twitter @lyndahere of course scored tickets. A number of fake Twitter accounts were set up to win the tickets and retweeted. @lyndahere scored one of those tickets I would like to allege through an account of a person who is allegedly a friend of hers Christina Templeton because she never won them personally. Christina had only tweeted a couple of times when she won those tickets. @lyndahere allegedly shares a house with her in St John’s, Newfoundland. 

Earlier this year @lyndahere wrote on her Twitter page she had attended corporate and private events including a birthday party and made videos and taken pictures. There is no evidence to state that any pictures taken and videos made were from those events. She has taken thousands of pictures and videos of Alan Doyle and Great Big Sea.

It is of course not the first time a fan has bragged about getting exclusive tickets to events that no other fans have implying they may have a special relationship with the musician or group in question. It is of course not the first time @lyndahere has not shared information with other Great Big Sea fans. A coincidence I don’t think so. There are just too many for someone not operating within the law and code of ethics of fan behaviour. But then she is a skilled and seasoned stalker.

PS I do not live in Canada or North America so I can’t go to any events held by Alan Doyle or Great Big Sea. I am not a Newfoundlander.

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...