Friday 27 November 2015

Alan Doyle...My Favourites For 2015 Are…

The winners and runners up of my favourite fan and professional photographs, videos and reviews as voted entirely by me…the fan.

Many thanks to Alan, all the professionals and fans who generously share their words, stories, photographs and videos online.

My favourite Alan Doyle tweet from his official Twitter account this year is…

In response to a fan’s question today…

How do you not let negative things get to you? I can’t seem to let go of my ex and how bad he made me feel? Any advice?

Alan’s response…

Hmm…I have been very lucky and been treated well so I don’t know for sure. But I have lots of negative thoughts just like anyone, I suppose. The best day has something bad init. The worst day has something good. I also think happiness is not something we should wait on…I don’t think it comes to anyone, rather it comes from us. We make it, ourselves? Not sure honestly, but that’s what I think lately. Hope this helps. Cheers.

My favourite Alan Doyle official social media account…

My favourite Alan Doyle official social media account goes to Instagram. Every photograph he posts on there is a gem. I of course love the selfies, but also love all the photographs he takes of Newfoundland. He can do no wrong.

The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle fan photograph is…

Alan Doyle at a public appearance (21 November, 2015)

Alan Doyle performing with Cory Tetford and Kendel Carson at an appearance at Sunrise Records, Carlingwood Shopping Centre and generously shared on the Great Big Sea Online Kitchen Party Facebook page published on 22 November, 2015. The photograph and a bunch of others were taken by Nancy Kelly of Ottawa, Canada. No copyright infringement intended.



(No copyright infringement intended)


The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle fan videos are…

‘Sonny’s Dream’…Alan Doyle’s tribute (21 November, 2015)


Alan Doyle performing with Cory Tetford and Kendel Carson at an appearance at Sunrise Records, Carlingwood Shopping Centre published on the Great Big Sea Online Kitchen Party Facebook page published on 22 November, 2015. The video was taken by Nancy Kelly of Ottawa, Canada.

‘Never Had’… New York City (Alan Doyle and Oscar Issac) (30 April, 2015)

‘Never Had’ was performed at the New York City Winery show. The video was recorded by concert goer dagalagas and shared on YouTube.

The winner of my favourite Alan Doyle professional photographs are…

Alan Doyle at the Hagersville Rocks Music Festival (25 July, 2015) by Dwight Edwards.

There was a review of the festival and a large inclusive collection of photographs published in the Hamilton Rock and Country Magazine online. The photographs were taken by the brilliant Dwight Edwards and generously shared via social media. This is probably the best photograph of Alan Doyle on stage I have ever seen. As always no copyright infringement intended.



(no copyright infringement intended)


The winner of my favourite professional Alan Doyle videos are...


1, 2, 3, 4 (Alan Doyle with Ed Robertson and The Beautiful Gypsies) (3 October, 2015)

Paper and Fire (Alan Doyle with Cory Tetford and Kendel Carson) (26 January, 2015) for the National Post

The runners up of my favourite professional Alan Doyle video is...

The Night Loves Us (Alan Doyle with Cory Tetford and Kendel Carson) (19 May, 2015)

Forest Festival (Alan Doyle, Cory Tetford and Kendel Carson)

The video was taken by newspaper staffers Matthew Desrosiers and attached to the newspaper article “Forest Festival experience a hit despite rain” by Mark Arike. The video was taken of Alan Doyle, Cory Tetford and Kendel Carson on a platform on a lake against the sun setting using a Great Big Sea classic and a new Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies song.

The winner of my favourite professional concert review is…

The Barenaked Ladies + Alan Doyle & The Beautiful Gypsies at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on October 26, 2015 by Andy Scheffler for the Concert Addicts webpage. I thought this review and photographs were really well done.  

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...