Thursday 10 March 2016

Great Big Sea and Throwback Thursday… Early Tour Posters.

Continuing on with my Great Big Sea and Throwback Thursday theme, I recently found an amazing collection to early tour posters of concerts in Newfoundland. The posters were of Great Big Sea as a solo act and as part of a line for festivals around St. John’s and other parts of Newfoundland.

Great Big Sea performed at regular shows for the students at Memorial University, George Street, The Valley Salmon Festival and the Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival throughout the early 1990’s. I was particularly interested in the poster for a pub show on George Street, Jungle Jim’s in which they charged only $5. What a show that would have been.

Although the tour posters have copyright on them, information from the Digital Archives at the Memorial University Library can be shared under certain circumstances. For example, they can be legally downloaded as long as there is full recognition of where they came from, shared for no profit and do not prevent others from sharing them. I hope my understanding of their copyright policy is the correct.



There is a whole range of fascinating information in the digital archives about Newfoundland and Labrador musical traditions if you are interested. I hope you enjoy these posters from the digital archives as much as I have.










Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...