Monday 17 October 2016

Cory Tetford And In The Morning…A new album.

The news many Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies fans were waiting came recently. Band member and accomplished musician and singer in his own right Cory Tetford announced on his official social media sites that his new album is nearly finished and would be available on 24 November, 2016.

I love researching for this blog and I never fail to find things that totally blow me away including articles, photographs and videos taken by fans and professionals.

I found this really great article from last year in Newfoundland’s Telegram newspaper. Cory talks about his appearance with the NSO, creating and performing music and his new album which I thought was really relevant now.

I was also looking for some great photographs of Cory to include in this post. There are hundreds taken as he performed as part of the Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies by the professionals and fans. 


There was a great collection of photographs that were taken by a fan Benjamin Reed and distributed on Flickr at a concert earlier this year on the 16 March, 2016. I have provided a link to the site as I am unable to share on my Google + page https://www.flickr.com/photos/rangerrick/albums

This weekend Cory was in Toronto with his Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies band mates for a private show and they found time to shoot some photographs for his album. Cory shared this totally drop dead gorgeous photo by fellow Beautiful Gypsy band mate Shehab Illyas. Shehab also took one of my other favourite photographs of Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies the group selfie, which is now used to promote concerts. I have included copies here because to be honest I thought they were the best and most relevant.

I have also circulated two bootleg videos of Cory doing what he does best playing music. The first video is of Cory singing Proud Mary in a local pub before his days with Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies. Even though the bootleg video is couple of years old I just love this of Cory and his guitar being totally awesome. After I first saw this bootleg video I realised what a very talented musician and singer Cory really is.

I have also circulated a bootleg video of Cory, Kendel and Alan doing Shine On at more recent Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies concert.

I have copied the article and photographs here for those interested. As always no copyright infringement intended.







‘Cory Tetford to close NSO’s current season Saturday night’ by Tara Bradbury published in the Telegram 16 April, 2015.


Musician Cory Tetford is in town to perform Saturday night with the NSO in “How Sweet the Sound,” a concert encompassing his musical life.

Breathtaking, says Cory Tetford. Jaw-dropping. Incredible.

So amazing, there have been times in rehearsal with the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra (NSO) when he forgot to sing at the parts where he was supposed to come in, he was that much in awe of what he was hearing.

“It’s absolutely moving, and I don’t say that lightly,” Tetford said. “To have something you pen, usually for me on an acoustic guitar in my living room or in my studio, come to life with such beauty and creativity is very moving and fulfilling.”

Tetford is helping the NSO close its 2014-15 season Saturday night, by joining them to bring an audience on a journey through his musical life called “How Sweet the Sound.”

A native of Newfoundland now living in Nova Scotia, Tetford began singing and playing gospel music as a toddler, touring the province with his father, a Pentecostal preacher, and two brothers.

His first solo CD, 1999’s “Grace,” earned him the Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council’s award for Emerging Artist of the Year for 2000, as well as the local music industry association (now MusicNL) award for Male Artist of the Year.

A year later, he formed the duo Crush with Paul Lamb, releasing two albums, which earned them a JUNO nomination and eight East Coast Music Awards, as well as tours across the country.

These days Tetford works mainly as a composer, producer and engineer, as well as a side musician. He has toured with Damhnait Doyle and Ron Hynes, and just come off a North American tour with Alan Doyle.

Led by conductor/composer Greg Hawco, Saturday’s concert will feature Tetford and the NSO in a wide-ranging performance, encompassing Tetford’s gospel roots, tracks from “Grace” and Crush material.

“I’m doing a Ron Hynes song that I’ll be doing on my next record because I just love it, ‘Shines Like Diamonds,’ and I go into another large influence musically for me, the gentleman of the country music scene, Vince Gill,” Tetford said. “I’m doing another gospel song with a guest performer that I can’t name yet … and I’ve got another special guest that I just came off tour with, so it’s going to be a lovely night. Man, I’m excited.”

Also performing in “How Sweet the Sound” are Critical List: Paul (Boomer) Stamp on drums, Paul Kinsman on keys and Byron Pardy on bass.

Tetford is working on a new CD, and says he’s been busy writing songs and figuring out how to go about recording them, potentially live off the floor.

“Basically, I want to gather a bunch of musicians of like mind that get that I want to go in and capture a moment, a bit of magic, if you will,” he said. “I’ve released records in the past and I’ve been very invested and interested in them, but for real, this record will be just for me. I’m not recording this for anybody else, no offence to anybody. I feel the need to record it and do it just for me, because I’ve taken a big break.”

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...