Monday 7 May 2018

Allan Hawco And Home... An interview.

Recently Allan Hawco shared links to his latest interview titled 'Allan Hawco: Inspired by Home' by Pam Pardy-Ghent about his life in Newfoundland, his life heroes, family, work ambitions and current projects.

I really enjoyed this interview, but I especially enjoyed his comments about meeting fans and the possibility of a Republic of Doyle movie so I have only copied those comments here for interested fans.

I have included a screen shot of the Newfoundland Herald cover for the issue Allan Hawco appeared on. The screen shot is from the Newfoundland Herald Facebook page.

I have also included a screen shot of a gorgeous photograph of Allan shared via the Newfoundland Herald official Twitter account and Allan Hawco's official Twitter account advertising the interview. As always no copyright infringement intended.

The full interview 'Allan Hawco: Inspired by home' by Pam Pardy-Ghent published on 1 May, 2018 at nfldherald.com.

"...So, when he does run into fans – not in the mall obviously, but elsewhere –how do they react?

“People are generally fine. When I’m shaved, they don’t recognize me. Whenever my hair is short and I have scruff, people recognize me. But people don’t say anything to me, you just live here. Alan Doyle has a saying; if you don’t want to be famous, go to darts every Tuesday and eventually, if you go to darts every Tuesday, people stop caring that you go to darts every Tuesday and they just leave you alone.”

That’s essentially how he tries to manage his life and his work here in this province.

“I’m not Brad Pitt. People aren’t like going through my garbage. They’re like, oh yeah, that’s that buddy on that show, or they’re like, hey Jake! Mostly it’s always positive; congrats on the new show. I was in Dominion four weeks ago and some guy goes; hey, are you that guy from Caught? And I was like, you are the first guy who said that. That’s the vibe I get.”

Does he ever get star struck when he shows up on movie sets or begins a new series? “That happens almost all the time. Mostly with hockey players,” he says with a laugh..."

On The Republic Of Doyle Movie...

"...When asked what question he’s asked the most, the answer is swift; if there will be a Republic of Doyle movie.

“There was a plan to do that right away, but I don’t think enough time has passed for us to jump into something like that. I feel like it needs to be when it needs to be and now just isn’t the time. Not enough time has passed for enough sentiment to be there from enough people to really feel it...”










Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...