Sunday 18 August 2013

Lyndahere, Ethics And The Right To Privacy…Some reflections.

@lyndahere wrote “Oh yes, and the videos too. Every Grand Tale deserves a great soundtrack”…16 August 2013 “Whether I Could Win You Forever If I Tried. Home is Where The Heart Is (Alan’s Mallard Cottage “Shag The Smoke” Gig and Great Big Sea On George Street. Between The Rock And A Hard Place. 

As @lyndahere or Lynda Elstad wrote this story and provided links to her bootlegged videos on the Internet of Alan Doyle and his parents performing at a fundraiser in Quidi Vidi, St John’s Newfoundland for Mallard House they could be seen around the world via the Internet in a range of different forms including videos, photographs and downloaded on mp3 players. Bootlegged recordings were made of their performances and loaded up onto the Internet allegedly without permission and can now be seen, heard and downloaded in the mp3 format at and at other sites. Lyndahere is distributing her bootlegged recordings by loading them up onto different sites and making them available and is allegedly in breach of the copyright act.

It is absolutely disgraceful Lyndahere filmed people who are not professional entertainers who were at a charity event with their family and without allegedly asking and then loaded it up onto Youtube and other  sites also without their permission. Alan Doyle and his parents are aware of the risk of doing anything in public with their family with Lyndahere around, but surely they can do something for their family without having it filmed and distributed. Lyndahere has some serious issues with ethics, morals and values and no concept about the right to privacy. What does that mean the right to privacy and when is it breached? I look forward to finding that out.

Just like everybody else I have an imagination. I don’t think I have lost it or left in some place I can’t find it. I hope I can still use my imagination to imagine what Great Big Sea would be like in concert. Yes I think I can imagine a Great Big Sea concert anywhere in world based on a collection of real life concert experiences, images taken by wonderful photographers both professional and fans, the words of journalists and fans and my knowledge and familiarity of their music. I like my imagination and I like to use it. Thousands of people tell stories about music concerts in all kinds of ways without illegally bootlegged videos. I am interested in how people tell these stories and the methods they use to tell them. For me Lyndahere’s bootlegged videos are not essential for me to interpret a Great Big Sea concert experience anywhere in the world as she believes they are. Personally I prefer a more inclusive story and unbiased story.


Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...