Saturday 17 January 2015

Alan Doyle and a 'So Let’s Go' album interview…

Alan Doyle@alanthomasdoyle Hey wanna sneak listen to some of the tracks on #soletsgo Go here allmusic.com/blog/post Love to hear what are your fav’s. 14 January 2015

The fans including myself have been listening to a copy of Alan Doyle’s new album So Let’s Go on allmusic.com. Recently on Twitter Alan asked which songs people liked the best. I have to say I loved Stay, 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Sins of Saturday Night got my dancing feet going. I was surprised at how different it was from Boy on Bridge which I absolutely love.

I always find it fascinating how Alan Doyle songs like Stay sound so beautiful when performed on stage with just Alan and Stickman or can be transformed into something so completely different with a band such as the version on the album.

I recently found this really interesting interview Alan Doyle did with Tara Bradbury for the Prince Albert Daily Herald where he talked about his new album released on 20 January 2015. I find content creator’s explanations of how their music is created and what influences them really interesting. I prefer to let people speak for themselves through the interviews they give.

I have started to collect some great interviews where Alan talks about the new album on my Google plus site. They have been distributed by the source, Alan Doyle and the fans on social media.


I am looking forward to buying the album and the So Let’s Go tour.








Embedded image permalink

Marcus Tamm@umcMarcus Just arrived at this desk. On the shelves, as they say Jan 20 #soletsgo (from Twitter no copyright infringement intended) Jan 8 2015


Alan Doyle eager to showcase new album, down home talents by Tara Bradbury in The Prince Albert Daily Herald at www.paherald.sk.ca published 9 January 2015 (no copyright infringement intended).

It’s only a matter of time before Alan Doyle’s latest single gets picked up for a car ad or a tourism commercial, you can just tell.

It’s got all the needed elements: enthusiastic tune, tinges of culture and an energetic set of lyrics framing his rousing “So let’s go!” chorus (and that’s the entire chorus, as well as the song title; a simple, pure, call to fun).

“We’re only here for so long,” Doyle sings. “We go and we go till we’re gone.”

Related stories:
Hear "So Let's Go," the title track from Alan Doyle's new CD, here: http://bit.ly/1BQBeUs
Read The Telegram's story with Doyle about his best-selling memoir here: http://bit.ly/1AwVZXQ

The whole song, in a style like something you’d hear on a Great Big Sea album, captures Doyle’s spirit and life philosophy, an attitude he says gets more reinforced as he ages.

“Time is short,” he explains. “You have to make the most of it in whatever way works for you, and this has become like a lifestyle for me. This is the only life we know that we have. I don’t want to be the guy who has the most money, and I don’t need to be the guy who’s the most famous. I don’t want to be the guy who has the biggest house, but I’d love to be the guy that lived the most.”

“So Let’s Go” is the title track of Doyle’s newest recording, his second solo album, set to be released Jan. 20.

This one was made in collaboration with some heavy hitters in the music business, including Tawgs Salter, Jerrod Bettis, Joe Zook and fellow East Coaster Gordie Sampson, who, between them, have worked with Katy Perry, OneRepublic, Willie Nelson, Keith Urban, Adele and Walk Off the Earth, among others.

There aren’t any co-writes with longtime collaborator Russell Crowe on this album (although some possible gigs are in the works for later this year, perhaps somewhere in Europe this time), but there is one with Scott Grimes.

The record is a perfect fit to Doyle’s bestselling book, “Where I Belong,” a poignant and often comical memoir of growing up in Petty Harbour, released last October.

“Writing stuff for this record was really driven by taking my own little Petty Harbour talents in folk music and Celtic music and bringing that to the music rooms where the most popular music is being made,” Doyle says.

“I wanted to have big productions, big pop songs and energy wrapped around a guy with a mandolin, whistling the way I do. I wrote songs with those guys and in those rooms that were focused on having my little piece of Newfoundland music be the centre of something worldly and enormous.

“It’s all part of me. It’s just another way for me to tell people where I’m from and how much I like it.”

Doyle — who just finished a whirlwind North American book tour at the end of November — will hit the road again in two weeks or so in support of “So Let’s Go,” bringing his music across Canada. Later in the year he’ll cross the pond.

Dates announced so far include a stop at Holy Heart Theatre in St. John’s Feb. 7, where fans will  be able to catch Doyle performing a range of material with his six-piece band, which includes Newfoundlander Cory Tetford.

They’ll do music from the new album and “Boy on Bridge,” his debut solo effort, as well as some material he’s done for TV and film and some songs from the Doyle-Crowe catalogue.
Of course, there’ll be some Great Big Sea tunes as well.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Doyle says. “It’s still the greatest blessing of my life and it’s such a wonderful thing to have that catalogue behind you and around you. It’s awesome.”
He’s eager to get on the road and onstage.

“I’d start tonight if I could,” he says. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...