Sunday 20 December 2015

Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year 2016...

Merry Christmas and a very happy 2016 to all the people who have visited and read my blog ‘Fandom, An Unexpected Journey.’ The number of people visiting and reading my blog has continued to rise I am thrilled to say. The countries people come from are considerably diverse, as are the subjects they are interested in. I posted more posts than last year in 2014 (over 80 in all). I hope this will continue into 2016.

Many thanks to all the musicians and artists I write about in this blog and in particular Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies for a wonderful year providing us with a great range of very diverse entertainment. Their work continues to provide the fans and I with considerable pleasure, as well as give us a bit to think about and even a few challenges.

I am really looking forward to 2016 and seeing and writing about what Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies have install for us. I am looking forward to seeing how the fans (and professionals) respond, in all the ways they choose to share those thoughts, words and experiences. I am also looking forward to visiting Canada and Newfoundland next year sometime, whenever Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies are playing in St. John’s.

I have copied my two favourite photographs by Alan Doyle taken this year. They are from Alan’s official Instagram account. The first one is a totally drop dead gorgeous selfie and the second one is a picture of Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gyspies on stage. Many thanks to Alan for taking these wonderful photographs and sharing them with the fans. I just love them. As always no copyright infringement intended.

Liz Smith

From the official Alan Doyle Instagram account. No copyright infringement intended.










Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...