Friday 1 January 2016

Bob Hallett And Some More Great Big Sea News December 2015…

Recently a fan stated how much they missed Great Big Sea and their concerts on The Great Big Sea Online Fan Community on Facebook. Bob Hallett was kind enough to respond and keep the fans up to date with what was happening.

I have included a copy of Bob’s statement from his official Facebook page to the post on The Great Big Sea Online Fan Community so fans know where Great Big Sea are at if they happen to come across this post…

“Sorry guys! To summarize, in meeting after meeting in the past two years, it became obvious that Sean wanted the band to end, and through various legal strategies was making it very difficult to do otherwise. Rather than enter into a prolonged legal battle, after we had already spent over $25 000 getting nowhere, Alan acquiesced.

Subsequently much of the professional apparatus which operated the band and it’s business has been dismantled. While GBS may rise again, it will not be anytime soon”
. Bob Hallett 30 December 2015.

It is really great that Bob is keeping track of what is happening with the fans on social media and responding appropriately. I am sure while many fans like me are disappointed, I for one appreciate his honesty and that he has not issued false hope of a reunion and a concert in the near future. I am sorry Sean McCann has decided to take a route he soon may regret and that he has made it impossible for Great Big Sea to continue. Bob’s words certainly shed a new light on the situation for me personally. But as I have said before I am happy on the Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies ride.

I have included a lovely Christmas selfie from Bobber. The selfie was posted on his official Twitter account on Christmas Day, 2015.




Merry Christmas my friends, wherever in the world this day finds you. 25 December 2015. (no copyright infringement intended)

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...