Thursday 12 October 2017

Alan Doyle & Highlights From The New Album And Book Promo Tour (2017).

Alan Doyle is about to release his third solo album 'A Week At The Warehouse' this week and his new book 'A Newfoundlander In Canada' next week so he is currently busy doing some publicity on the east coast of Canada. The fans have been looking forward to this all year.

Some of the posts on my blog that have the most hits are for people wanting information on the musicians, artists and the fandoms I am interested in. They are those that summarise the publicity promotions around the release of any new albums, music, books and television shows. So here are some highlights from this brief promotional tour. I will add to this collection as more items become available. 

My personal favourites are always the photographs and videos Alan does himself, but that is just me. There were some really nice photographs taken of Alan in the studios he visited. I also love it when Alan talks about Newfoundland language and culture. On the Canadian sports show Jay and Dan show there was a totally awesome video about using the term b'y when talking about hockey. 

Some of the videos and interviews I could not see because they were not available in my area such as Alan's appearance on CTV singing 'Come Out With Me' and I wasn't prepared to watch the pirated versions from the usual sources.

Other videos and interviews such as the 22 minutes interview between Alan Doyle and Mark Critch are legally available on YouTube so I could see them. I could also see an interview about the making of the album on a television show called CP24 Videos. I was able to circulate that on my Google + page for those fans interested.

The screen shots are from the official social media accounts identified on them. No copyright infringement intended.

Alan wrote a nice post on his webpage alandoyle.ca on the day the album 'A Week at The Warehouse was released. I thought it was really interesting and put a couple of paragraphs here. I also liked the way he acknowledged the band. As always no copyright infringement intended.

"As usual, this album is a collection of my many varied influences. You’ll hear some Traditional Celtic, Newfoundland-sounding songs like Come Out With Me and Bully Boys. You’ll also hear some songs that are quite rock ‘n’ roll like Ready to Go. Many people have already heard and applauded Summer Summer Night, the most country influenced tune on the record, and I’m grateful to Country Radio and video stations for playing the single.

There are a couple of deeply personal and special songs on the album. Somewhere in a Song is really a tip of the hat to my Mom and Dad and how they managed to raise us in a house that in retrospect had very little modern finery but had, in abundance, so much more of life’s most important things. Beautiful to Me is my announcement to the world that my concerts are an open door for anybody of any shape or size or colour or race or creed or gender identity or sexual preference. All you need is Love in your heart and my place is yours.

I got to work with two of the biggest heroes of my musical life thanks to this album. Bob Rock produced a significant portion of the soundtrack to my youth. I literally still can’t believe I got to stand next to him day after day in a recording studio. His former Payolas bandmate Paul Hyde makes a very special guest appearance on the album as well. I couldn’t be more chuffed about it all.

But the real stars of this record are Kendel Carson, Cory Tetford, Todd Lumley, Shehab Illyas, and Kris MacFarlane. Beautiful is probably not a big enough word to describe this Band. What an incredible privilege it is to stand in the middle of them and sing a song. I am delighted to tell you they’ll all be aboard for the Come Out With Me Tour  in 2018!

It is always an odd combination of nervousness and excitement when a new project finally leaves your hands and goes out into the world. So, I really hope you like the tunes and they find a place in your day-to-day listening. Even better, I hope you think the songs would make for a great night out and you come to see one of the shows on the tour starting early in the New Year."





























Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...