Sunday 8 October 2017

Russell Crowe, Alan Doyle And The Indoor Garden Party. Part Two...What the fans said about London, Leeds and Dublin.

The fans of the Indoor Garden Party band have generously shared their thoughts, words, videos and photographs via social media including Twitter, Facebook and through the Russell Crowe fan pages. Although each concert is special to each of the fans who attended, I have been slowing wading through the posts over different types of social media and have been able to select a couple of highlights from each of the concerts in London, Leeds and Dublin. 

The highlights of the London concert at Union Chapel were about five bootlegged videos I found posted on YouTube by Jay Walker. The bootlegs were a selection of some old favourites including Kevin Durand singing 'Beautiful Girls', Scott Grimes singing 'Here Clear to the Ocean' and Lorraine O'Reilly's version of the song 'One Small Stone'. Lorraine O'Reilly was totally awesome and stepped up beautifully to perform this song live. The videos were taken from a couple of rows back from the front of the stage, were well recorded, sounded great and were not of the whole concert. I have circulated a copy on my Google + page. Many thanks to the fan who recorded part of the concert.

There were some wonderful photographs shared of the concert in Dublin from the fans and professionals. The first collection is by Tom Flynn Photography from his official Facebook page. There are approximately 28 photographs mostly of Russell Crowe but a couple of nice ones of the entire cast on stage. There were also some nice photographs by Just Jarad. Although these photographs also were mostly of Russell Crowe, there are also some of the entire cast on stage. I have provided a couple of screen shots here. The rest of the photographs can be found at their official social media pages and web pages.

One of the things I really wanted to know was what songs were played. One fan shared a photograph of a copy of the set lists from the concerts in London and Dublin. I have included a couple of screen shots here of the set lists. I was surprised to see that most of the music was from their new album 'The Musical' and there was little from the Crowe and Doyle Songbook 3. From the couple of bootlegs and short videos I saw the music transferred beautifully from the album to the live concert.

While I don't often wish for a bootleg and can refrain from watching them no matter what they are and who makes them, I was so impressed with a bootleg of Lorraine singing 'One Small Stone' I have to admit I was hoping for a bootleg of her singing 'You Should Have Got To Know Me'. I found some really, really nice short videos of this song taken by a fan at the London concert on their phone and some short videos of other songs from 'The Musicial' album of Russell singing 'Everything I Touch' and 'Testify'. She also took some beautiful short videos of 'Love Is Not A Big Enough Word' and 'Midnight'. I love  short videos like this as they give fans who couldn't be there an idea of what it was like but leave us wanting more. I have provided a screen shot below.

As part of the ticket and concert experience Russell Crowe offered meet and greets for fans and many of the photographs were shared via the official Twitter accounts of Russell Crowe, Alan Doyle, Scott Grimes, Carl Falk and Lorraine O'Reilly. Many of the fans paid for and took this opportunity as it was the experience of a life time and not many were disappointed. I really enjoy reading these fans posts and seeing their photographs and posted one here from one of the big name fans who did this. All the posts of the meet and greets look very similar but I am sure they are very special to the fans whose posts they are. I still would personally prefer to meet my favourite celebrity by chance and I have many of my favourites. I am sure fans like me can be annoying after a while but I for one really appreciate their generosity and kindness when saying hello and signing something when I see them by chance than me paying for it in a special meet and greets. I have posted one here. 


Many thanks to all the fans who shared their memories of The Indoor Party band in London, Leeds and Dublin. I really enjoyed researching and reading all your posts. 






















Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...