Tuesday 29 January 2013

Lyndahere And A Blast From The Past 2007...

Today Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea announced that he had signed a deal to write his autobiography. Lyndahere (@lyndahere) tweeted Alan Doyle on Twitter

@lyndahere “Spectacular news all (w. much more to be said about it soon), but most of all, the book. “Alan The Author” finally true!” 29January 2013
@lyndahere “Can’t wait, can’t stay in the 140-count,: Alan this is wonderful. Your book will be wonderful. You are wonderful.” 29 January 2013
@lyndahere “At serious risk of blathering just 1 more thing that needs to be said now: I am so proud of you, Alan. The rest for later.” 29 January 2013

I definitely do not want to spoil his news.I am looking forward to reading about his adventures. That is a purchased book not the extracts written on Lyndahere's blog.

@lyndahere “NFDL Car Purchase Culture Shock: No DL shown, no name give, just test drive it off the lot w. no salesman along. I’m not in LA” 26 January 2012

Hopefully Lyndahere will not undermine the release of the book in the same way she did his solo album in 2012 by recording at the ‘Live at Revival” performance and releasing it on YouTube prior to the release of the CD. But I doubt it. I do not expect to read anything about the stalking or see any of her thousands of pictures taken in the book. It goes back to this comment Lyndahere made about Newfoundland and it’s people and their idea of trust. In fact most people’s idea of trust. Most people do walk in to somewhere and do not take things that do not belong to them. It doesn’t matter if it is a car or a song or a CD of songs.

The blog post and the comments are copied from a blog called “From the Habour Great Big Sea in Boston” written on April 13 2007 about Lyndahere, her stalking and impact on fans and the band Great Big Sea. Many of the things I have written about are mentioned in this story and they continue today. It must have been a bitter sweet pill for Lyndahere as it was her excuse for stalking him and Great Big Sea was to write a book. I believe it. This information is contained in a comment in response from the blogpost below.

It seems anything goes in getting a prime position to take photographs and record those videos. These Great Big fans describe how she may use excuses like claustrophobia to get prime tickets to concerts to take photos and record her videos. Really? Seriously? I would have thought all of that time on planes, trains and buses travelling to concerts prove she has it under control if that is what she truly suffers. How insulting to people who really suffer from such conditions and disabilities they need special seating.

If this information is correct I am wondering what excuses she uses today five years on to get prime tickets. Providing insult to other fans, many of whom were robbed of their rightful seats and many of whom probably watch her videos and read her blog.

I think Alan Doyle and Great Big Sea fans feel like this today but don’t write about it on social media for fear of being bullied and alienated from other social media users. As were those on the Great Big Sea Online Kitchen Party and from which she was blocked.

From the Habour. Great Big Sea in Boston. April 13 2007at Blogspot

So many times I've had a thought come to me but no one around to share it with at that very moment, this is why I started a blog, you never know, someone might want to read it. :-)

A friend of mine went to the Great Big Sea concert last night in Boston at the Orpheum, a good sized theatre for a band from Newfoundland but they earned it, they have toured relentlessly in the States for many years slowly gaining a following. My friend did enjoy the show but her reaction isn't the same as it used to be, we've been fans of the band for a very long time now, seen them through a lot, good and bad, you change as a fan after time, especially if you get to know the band as people, not just performers there for your entertainment.

We don't often see the behind the scenes struggles someone in the public eye can go through but sometimes you hear about. I know about the stalking, especially the one that causes so much grief. It's not something I enjoy knowing but it was obvious when this person came on to the scene that she would do what she wants, when she wants and how she wants, regardless of anyone else, including the band.

If you're told to f***-off by someone, on more than one occasion, you'd think they'd get the message but nope, there she is attending almost every single concert, up front as much as she can be. For anyone who doesn't know the story, this person is obsessed with Alan Doyle and follows him everywhere and I do mean everywhere. The man has no peace, not even at home because she stalks him there too when they're off the road, hanging out at places Alan's been known to go, hanging out on the street that he lives. It's sick and it's very sad. It's one thing for the occasional fan to take a trip to St. John's for a week or whatever but this woman spends more time in St.John's than she does in her own city, she's from Seattle. We know she's married, I've even met the fellow but what kind of a marriage do you have when your spouse spends all of her time following around another man she lusts after?

No borders can stop this woman, I know, why don't the band have a restraining order against her, she manages to stay this side of the law, so far, legally their hands are tied until she takes it further. Aside from telling her to f***-off on several occasions, they have sent threatening legal letters but to no avail.

I was watching Northern Mysteries the other day, this episode was about a stalking incident in Alberta, there were some pretty eerie similarities from following the victim to other countries, hiding in the shadows watching his every move to the desire to write a book about the victim.

How uncomfortable it must be to have someone you detest so much standing in front of you night after night, I don't know how they do it and now I hear she's hanging around the band's bus again, why we'll never know, they'll just tell her to f***-off again if she gets close enough to hear it. I think I can understand now why they haven't gone public with this, they've handled themselves admirably as most fans don't know about the stalking. From what I've heard, the fans that do know the story have been snubbing her, good for them I say, she hates that, attention is what she craves most, good or bad.

The best thing the band did was ban the stalker from the message board on their website, although she likes to say she left on her own accord. That's just it though, she spins so much she must be dizzy, the master manipulator I call her, she can twist anything to fit her own version of reality, one of the funniest things she does is to write in her blog about what other people do but really she's writing about herself. I'm amused that she is so bitter about the OKP (the message board at greatbigsea.com), to anyone reading her blog it should be pretty obvious she was banned, especially from what she says about other fans over there, it's really quite pathetic.

Why write about the stalker on my blog? Because I believe in balance, her sick writings are public so the truth should be as well.

Isn't it sad that when I think of Great Big Sea I can't help but to think about the stalker.
Posted by Jenny at 1:17PM

3 comments:
Anonymous said...
Hi there, I just kind of stumbled on to this blog. Feel free to edit this however you see fit and I will absolutely understand.

I agree with you. I know if my spouse was gone 80% of the time following some band member around the world, I wouldn't be married to them for long! Isn't the point of having a life partner to spend time with him or her? Or, maybe she's not really married?

You should have heard the audible gasp from her when GBS was going to play the new song Straight to Hell the other night. I thought she was going to cry, or wet her pants.

The book explanation is a farce. I think it's ridiculous. My guess is there is some kind of inheritance or lottery winning paying for all of this. Afterall, most normal folks couldn't afford to be away from work for so long, living in hotels and eating out, not to mention the money spent on concert tickets. In fact, most normal folks wouldn't want to be doing that.

I like Great Big Sea, they put on a hell of a show, and I've enjoyed every one of the few shows I've seen. However, night after night after night, year after year, would quickly become boring.

Manipulator is a good description. I find it interesting that her seats are always front row. I'd be willing to bet there's some abuse of some kind of disability - say, claustrophobia - to explain how she always manages front row seats. "oh, but mr. theatre manager, I can't possibly be in the middle of the crowd, or even worse at the back". And how could she possibly score front row through pre-sale when multiple shows go on sale at the same time? Maybe the guys could talk to the theatre in advance and try and always get her in the balcony....

ah well, I shouldn't get started. I'm not normally nasty about people but something about her just gets me going. Maybe its the way she nails everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as she does. Maybe its her writing style (verbal diarrhoea). Maybe it is the twists and turns she takes. You know, she blasts everyone who uses smiley faces on OKP, yet she used to use plenty of them herself! And I can't even imagine how Alan's WIFE feels about her. Poor guys.

cheers!
Anna
13.39pm
Anonymous said...
Hi Jenny,

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog and commenting on it. I clicked on your sig over on the OKP and followed the link.

I've met said person AND her husband. I've yet to see them together, but there's no doubt in my mind that they belong to each other in some way. They both exhibit rather creepy behaviour.

Having met the husband I can say that he's just as bad as she is, but for a different band. The only thing that stops him from going to the same level as his wife is his job. He certainly doesn't claim to be writing a book about the band/bands he follows. He at least owned up to the fact that it's his obsession. I wish I had owned a recording device when I met and talked to him that first time. Yeesh.

I agree with Anna about the book explanation being a farce. Considering how long she's been out there following Alan around surely there should be something in the works by now. Not once have I heard a thing about her gearing up to actually publish her 'work' and frankly I don't think her so-called book will see the light of day.

One would hope that with the pre-sales she wouldn't be able to get the front-row tickets. My guess is that she has friends actually buy her front-row tickets for her, so she can get around that little bit of difficulty.

Too bad there wasn't a way to stop her from even getting in the doors of the venues. Have her ticket confiscated and issued a refund of some sort before being sent packing. Hmmm, maybe not such a good idea because that may cause her to escalate her behaviour and we sure don't want that.

I'm impressed at how well the guys handle this situation, and I'm sure their wives are all standing strong with them. I couldn't imagine how difficult this is on all of them, but I give them all the credit in the world for going on with the show in the face of everything.

Bonnie
1.49 AM
Jenny said
Anna, Bonnie, thank you for your comments. Discussing is the path to better understanding, most times at least, although I have no intention of making this blog about Lynda or GBS even, there is far too much going on in the world for me to waste my time.

Anna, no need to edit your comments, and sorry it's taken so long for me to respond.

The book has always been a farce, if she were truly a published author we would have some tangible proof, her word is not worth anything, it has always been and will continue to be her excuse for stalking Alan.

Lynda does use claustrophobia as her disability of choice and has no problem using it to manipulate her way to the front, she's very clever that way. Unfortunately she also built up a bit of a following before getting booted from the OKP, the band waited too long to make their move so she has other people buy the tickets for her, that and the manipulation, an obsessed stalker will stop at nothing to get what they want.

Lynda is a hypocrite, what she writes about other fans doing, be it in the OKP or at concerts, she has done or is doing herself, and worse.

Guess where she just had to be for Alan's birthday? Yup, St. John's. I'm so glad Alan was at his cabin, his only safe retreat. What pisses me off the most is her constantly saying crap like hoping Alan gets everything he wants, he wants her to fuck off, pure and simple, if she really wants him to be happy then she'd leave him the hell alone.

I agree, they have done an admirable job handling this situation Bonnie, most fans have no idea, well, the new ones anyway. She has no way of recruiting new people as she's not welcome on any GBS related message board and her reputation has been following her around from what I gather, she is being shunned at concerts, something she really doesn't like. But, of course, it's all of the fans that are so terrible, not herself. I find the high and mighty attitude she presents on her blog quite hilarious, she pretends its the only place of intelligent discussion about GBS to be found, as if she's some authority about them. She may have been stalking for many years now but she really doesn't know anything about them, just what she projects. It's not real, none of it is.

Lynda has a reputation of multiple board personalities, she made numerous attempts at advertising her blog on the OKP when it first reopened, under many names and in the old OKP she was Calamity Jane among other names. It stands to reason, and fairly evident that the majority of those commenting on her blog are fake. It must be very hard to juggle all of those personalities while traveling like that, not enough time to dedicate to the art of deception, that's probably why there are so few comments on her blog when she's stalking the band on the road.

At a time when Alan and the rest of the guys should be having the time of their lives, they shouldn't have to deal with a parasite like Lynda.


A picture of Alan Doyle and Scott Grimes enjoying a drink taken by @lyndahere. Evidence her stalking is not limited to taking photos and videos at concerts.
 
 http://p.twimg.com/A2rVUEHCYAAarN0.jpg:large


Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...