Monday 14 January 2013

Lyndahere And Quotes From Musicians And Artists About Their Fans...

I was interested in what artists and musicians think about their fans. Brainy quotes is a very interesting webpage that literally has hundreds of them. I don’t know if the musicians and artists actually said these things about fans, somewhere at some time as they are not referenced. But I like the comments made and like to think they made them.

What good are fans? You can’t eat applause for breakfast. You can’t sleep with it”. – Bob Dylan

Fans will praise you, scold you, and offer helpful advice. Fans will also defend you”. – Charlie Pride

I’m very grateful because my fans are very loyal”. – Cliff Richard

I know without our fans and devotion of our fans we wouldn’t be here. I don’t mean to put them down, but I’m just stating a fact that it is hard to play to people that see you all the time and it takes a lot of fun out of it in some ways”. – Rojer Daltrey

Most of the fans of John Lennon and maybe John and Yoko are younger than me”. – Yoko Ono

The instrument I never learned how to play was my fans. You know they are the part of the story that nobody teaches you. I just to do the right thing; I want to be a voice with them, among them”. – Lady Gaga

If fans are going to turn on me because of this they weren’t my fans anyway. I couldn’t betray a whole 25 years of record making and not do this. I had to”. – John Mellencamp

Metallic fans sided with Napster because they’re lazy bastards, and they want everything for free. I like playing music because it’s a good living and I get satisfaction from it but I can’t feed my family with satisfaction” – James Hetfield of Metallica

So these cell phones and rich folks who can afford the big bucks for prime seating distract me from what I am doing and make me feel like I am on display in a museum. It’s not good for the music, which a lot of the time feeds on the energy of the crowd” – Neil Young

Some girl asked me for an autograph and I asked her why, she said because she admires me, I said she should see a shrink. The she started crying and I started laughing.” - Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue

We get paid in flesh. Our audiences are sluts and whores, each and every one”. - Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue

I could go on stage, unzip my pants, and have my dick out and people would think it was some kind of statement or something.”- Bono

There’s no guy that would wanna kill us. There are girls that get so obsessed they would want to kill us. They wanna shoot us they wanna do what whatever”. – Caleb Folowill, Kings of Leon

As I get older my eyesight’s going bad. I don’t know what I am in for with groupies until they come backstage and they’re very large with missing teeth”.- Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue

It actually came as quite a shock to learn just how many people don’t like me”. – Phil Collins

I’m warning you with peace and love I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you. And no objects to be signed, nothing. Peace and love, peace and love”. – Ringo Starr

The fans have been great to me. I don’t think it’s asking too much to have me sign something for them”. – Justin Timberlake

Every bit of me is devoted to love and art. And I aspire to try to be a teacher to my young fans who feel just like I felt when I was younger. I just felt like a freak. I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m trying to liberate them. I want to free them of their fears, and make them feel like they can make their own space in the world”. – Taylor Swift

Fans are my favourite thing in the world. I have never been the type of artist who has that line drawn between their friends and fans. The line’s always been really blurred for me. I’ll hang out with them after the show. If I see them in the mall I’ll stand there and talk to them for 10 minutes”.- Taylor Swift

When the line starts to blur between the fans and the players, sometimes things can get ugly”. – Karem Abdul-Jabbar

For film and television, it’s interesting how fans feel that their particular ways of manifesting their affections are the correct ones. It’s not just about being a fan, it’s about how you perform your fandom. That’s been interesting to me”. – Carrie Brownstein

Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay then you’re obviously very intelligent and good looking and all-round brilliant”. – Chris Martin

Its been quite a roller coaster ride, but I’ve grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people’s lives…for that I give thanks”. – Christina Aquilera

My understanding is, the fans are so ravenous in Canada, they gnaw on the stars”. – William Shatner

Really, what I try and in still in my fans is to be healthy and happy. I no desire to be super-skinny”. – Kelly Clarkson

Ever since I started to get recognition I’ve picked out certain fans and reverse stalked them”. – Jim Carry

I think some fans want everything to stay the same because they want to stay the same”. -
Alanis Morissette

I don’t want to treat my fans like they are stupid”. –Keesha

From the moment I leave my house or my hotel room, the public owns me. The public made Alice Cooper and I can’t imagine ever turning my back on my fans”. – Alice Cooper

The fans of ‘The Hunger Games’ of the book, are passionate. It’s funny; Even at my concerts there are people holding up ‘Cinna’ signs”. – Lenny Kravitz

It’s very little trouble for me to accommodate my fans, unless I’m actually taking a pee at the time”. – Harrison Ford

The tastes of country music fans are not limited to the narrow range defined by consultants and programmers and record company moguls”. – Charley Pride

And looking at today’s music scene, I think it’s cool that there are a lot of consumers and fans not limited by what radio and record companies tell them to buy”. – Juice Newton

Touring is always important to me. It’s like a big IOU to my fans, because I know they are the reason I exist”. – Katy Perry

If your music is great, you will have fans not because you have spent time chatting on social media”. – Bryan Adams

I like Twitter a lot. It is a great way to get the fans knowing another side of you”. –Caroline Wozniacki

References



Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...