Tuesday 16 February 2016

Fandom An Unexpected Journey... Blog update and focus...

As my blog approaches 4 years of age and I have posted nearly 300 posts I have decided to upgrade my blog focus. A lot has happened to the musicians and artists since I started writing my blog and as a result my interests and goals have changed. These have been reflected in the discussion on posts on my blog.

As the Newfoundland music group Great Big Sea seems to be permanently on a kind of hiatus, the focus of my blog is now on Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies. I occasionally touch on Sean McCann and Bob Hallett as news arises.

Allan Hawco and his television show Republic of Doyle have finished and he has moved onto other projects. I also write a lot about Newfoundland actor and comedian Mark Critch as he does projects and charity work with Alan Doyle and Allan Hawco.

Scott Grimes and his work are covered beautifully on other fan sites by some of his dedicated fans, so I no longer cover him unless the content is related to Alan Doyle.

I am also really interested in how Russell Crowe uses Twitter and interacts with fans via Twitter. The information about Russell Crowe and his career is collected brilliantly elsewhere by fans from around the world.

I have become a collector of things I find interesting, in particular things from social media that I think tell wonderful stories from Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies. With the amount of photographs taken and musings produced they seem to get lost, so I like to create posts to preserve them mostly for my own interest.

Although I collect things, I still believe my blog is about fans and fandom and not about the musicians and artists. Being a mature aged woman, I want to know why mature aged, educated women often with families, jobs and careers become involved in a fandom. I am really interested in all things to do with fans and fandoms, in particular how they share stories through social media and the culture of bootlegging and Internet piracy in music and television fandoms.

I hope to do a Masters or PHD degree on television piracy and music piracy and bootlegging.


As the focus of my blog has become Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Gypsies I have posted a couple of my favourite photographs here. These photographs are by Sean Sisk photography (no copyright infringement intended).







Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...