Friday 15 December 2017

Alan Doyle And 'A Newfoundlander In Canada' 2017 ...A professional interview and some photographs.

As much as I appreciate fan generated material, the fan sites that generate them and the discussion that follows, some fans choose not to share some wonderfully produced professional material that comes along way after the event because it may be competition to their own of for other reasons but for what ever fans miss out on some real gems. I always find the wait for professionally made material worth the wait rather than exist entirely on fan generated subjective material. 

Recently I found two awesome examples of professionally made material, a video and some photographs. The first is a professionally recorded video of Alan's first sold out interview and talk about his new book 'A Newfoundlander In Canada' by the Toronto Library. Alan was interviewed by a sometime Newfoundlander and professional sports writer Stephen Brunt.

I always enjoy his wonderful articulate and very funny story telling in particular, when he talks about Newfoundland, their music, culture and history and the importance of representing Newfoundland on mainland Canada and to the world. He sang Excursion Around The Bay with the audience and there was an audience question and answer session which were also awesome. I was really impressed with how positive and complementary he was to his fellow band mates (including Sean) and about his experiences with Great Big Sea.


The video is available on the Toronto Library's official YouTube site as part of the Appel Salon series. I have also shared the video via my Google + page for those fans interested. 




The second is a collection of 103 gorgeous photographs taken at the Wordfest writer's event in Calgary. The photographer David Kotsibie at Persuasion Photo took photographs of the setting, Alan on stage being interviewed, interacting with the audience, the audience and Alan at the meet and greet with the fans after the talk.

I have included a copy of a couple of the photographs I really liked. The photographs are available on the Wordfest 2017 photo site on Flickr. No copyright infringement intended.












Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...