Thursday 25 January 2018

Great Big Sea And 'Love Me Tonight'...Throwback Thursday.

The Great Big Sea music video 'Love Me Tonight' is one of my favourites. The music video stars the members of Great Big Sea (Alan Doyle, Bob Hallett, Sean McCann, Murray Foster and Kris MacFarlane) and shows the viewer the band in concert and the life of this band behind the scenes making music and having fun. The music video alternates between colour and black and white footage. 

Recently while watching some Great Big Sea music videos as I often do, I remembered a post from Bob Hallett engaging with fans about the making of this music video on social media. I thought what a great idea their discussion would make for a post.

I found the original post by Bob Hallett on his official Facebook account from February, 2017. There was a great discussion between Bob and the fans who shared their memories of the concert where the music video was shot. The concert was held at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto in 2009. Bob explained they had arranged to record the whole concert for a live DVD and no one in the band liked the results so they decided not to use it. The band ended up using some of the material for the music video 'Love Me Tonight'.

Bob Hallett states on Facebook about the concert and filming of the music video "The show was fine, however, there were issues with the lighting and audio, plus the close ups were horrible, which made too much of it unusable. A lot of the footage in the music video actually came from a rehearsal earlier in the day, so much of the nighttime stuff blew chunks. The classic shot in the beginning of the show, where the scrim drops to reveal the backdrop, came from the in house video. Our guys somehow missed it. It was that kind of day. The result was we had to use a lot of b-roll from studio sessions shot nine months earlier in St. John's...I had forgotten about it myself. It was a fiasco for a variety of reasons. Too bad, it was a good show otherwise..."

I have included a screen shot of the original post by Bob Hallett from his official Facebook account. I have also included some screenshots from the video. As always no copyright infringement intended.

I have circulated a copy of the Great Big Sea music video 'Love Me Tonight' on my Google + page for those fans interested.



















Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...