Saturday 21 March 2015

Trolling, difference of opinion and social media...

An example of how fans, trolling, bullying and illegal material costs musicians fans, money and resources...and create a not very nice place to be.

Gee...it must be really hard for some people to take a different opinion...It is kind of selfish how some fans need for piracy and bootlegging at a concert they were at could affect the release of an album down the road for musicians and artists.

39 unacknowledged bootlegged recordings of an entire concert in Denver Colarado were found on an obscure social media site by Helen Reynolds the coordinator of the Online Kitchen Party on Facebook (the same online kitchen party talked about in a previous post). The bootlegged recordings were only available to the Online Kitchen Party Facebook page members run by Helen Reynolds and excluded other fans who were not members.  As it turned out the method of distribution for this piracy and bootlegging for those of us paying for downloads was more expensive that a live recorded album. To the best of my knowledge Alan Doyle received nothing from the 39 bootlegged tracks available.

Alan Doyle has never really acknowledged any kind of bootlegging or piracy by Lyndahere. Other than perhaps four or five bootlegged videos and only in special circumstances like a charity event and his sister's concert (out of a couple of thousand) Alan Doyle has never really acknowledged or retweeted her bootlegged videos. The other four videos where he and Bob Hallett were singing with Dean Brody 'It's Friday' in St Johns, a father's day video of Alan sing with his dad, a sing a long at Mallard cottage and his talk at Woody Point in August last year. He has not retweeted or acknowledged any bootlegged videos from the So Let's go Tour. So am I the only one who thinks that bootlegging and piracy is not wanted?

I received this little jab from Twitter (not to my face but behind my back.)

Beware of the Online Kitchen Party...and a difference of an opinion...

Helen Reynolds
helenwheels @tjcb1420 Haha I got read the riot act last night by her.I am not worried at all.Alan said it was ok to share,I don't have links

Tammy Buckley
tjcb1420@helenwheels Yeah, I saw that. She's just a sad troll with no life so she has to try & make problems for others.

tjcb1420@helenwheels I wouldn't worry about it Helen. I'm sure it's the same troll who got after me for sharing Lynda's YouTube vids.

After seeing the problems caused on Online Kitchen Party Facebook page by Helen Reynolds trolling Twitter no less and cutting and pasting tweets from Sean McCann about the Great Big Sea break up so I am kinda wondering who is enjoying causing all the fuss...

Tammy would have to be trolling Helen somewhere to see that because well I don't follow either of them. Then Tammy proceeded to lie to my face pretending she wasn't talking about me. I was only informing her bootlegging was illegal and they get defensive.

I was allegedly reported and blocked on Twitter because I questioned them about their distribution and watching of illegal content and trolling...Not very nice. I have referred the management of the Online Kitchen Party to Sonic Entertainment for investigation.


To be continued...

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...