Tuesday 5 May 2015

Alan Doyle, the So Let’s Go tour and stories with friends from the road (Part 1)

"I was in New York last night, at this place called the City Winery, and I wanted to play something that tipped my hat to the city, and the club where we were playing as well, so we did the entirety of Scenes From An Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel." 

From an interview Alan Doyle did the day after the City Winery show with Bob Mersereau titled 'Alan Doyle Getting along well with others in band.’ (The interview has been shared on my Google + site).

Alan Doyle and two of the beautiful gypsies (Corey and Kendal)  made an official video for the song ‘I Can’t Dance Without You’ at the City Winery. Here is the link to the video  https://youtu.be/Og3ig49DN8U

There is a bootleg version of Scenes From An Italian Restaurant mentioned above by Alan Doyle from the City Winery show . The link is provided here for those interested https://youtu.be/QaKYVjsKeyE by dagalagas

There is also a great collection of photographs by Andy Gardecki on Facebook and a photo circulating on Twitter of the set list. I will add links to the sites as soon as I am able to for anyone researching shows in the future as they often do on my blog.

As readers of my blog know I am not a fan of bootlegging unless it is part of the concert experience by casual concert goers. And then I only view bootlegs occasionally just to keep in touch with what fans are creating. Bootleg videos can be totally dreadful as the quality of recordings varies depending on where the fan is sitting and the type of equipment they are using or it can be totally awesome. After checking out fan stories including bootlegs from the Alan Doyle at the City Winery show this week I noticed the fans have created something a little bit different.

There are lots of bootleg videos of this show but I decided these were the best. Firstly, I like them because these fans don’t have the prime notice me position or the position that enables a fan to count a band member’s nose hairs. They are sitting (or standing) further back, are inclusive of all the band members on the stage and while not free of human body parts, the sound is what I consider to be good. The bootleg video of Scott Grimes and Alan Doyle's performance of 'Goin’ Home' together was totally awesome. This performance was captured brilliantly by two fans Scott Grimes Fans and Dagalagas. There were two other awesome bootleg videos of Alan Doyle with two friends Owen O Súilleabháin (Irish Hearts Are Hard To Break) and Oscar Isaac (Never Had).

Although not from the City Winery show, Russell Crowe retweeted this bootleg version on Twitter 'Of Scenes from an Italian Restaurant' [Billy Joel] w/ Scott Grimes-Natick by squintyt4e on a following show https://youtu.be/mtYhe7DjEws

I have provided some links here for those interested in bootleg videos from Alan Doyle's City Winery show.

1,2,3,4  - Alan Doyle

Going Home - Scott Grimes and Alan Doyle

Irish Hearts Are Hard to Break - Alan Doyle & Owen O Súilleabháin

Never Had - Oscar Isaac and Alan Doyle

Goin Home




Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...