Saturday 1 December 2018

Alan Doyle And 'I'll Be There Christmas Eve'... A new song (47/365)

Alan Doyle@AlanThomasDoyle Thrilled to record a version of Ron Hynes Christmas tale of a homesick sailor bound for Home. Merry Christmas all. 30 November, 2018.

Yesterday Alan Doyle posted on his official Twitter account that he had recorded a version of Ron Hynes' 'I'll Be There Christmas Eve' and provided a link to the official recording on YouTube. And what a beautiful version of this classic Newfoundland song it is too.

Any new music from Alan Doyle And The Beautiful, Beautiful Band is always welcome. Personally, I am not one that particularly enjoys anything to do with Christmas including music, movies, decorations or traditions. However, this year, this song is really meaningful with a dear relative away working on boat. As a result our Christmas Day will be on New Year's Day as he is coming home on New Year's Eve. It will be the first Christmas Day for the past twenty years that he has not spent with family and us with him.

I have circulated a copy of this song by Alan Doyle on my Google + page. The image is from the official YouTube music for 'I'll Be Home Christmas Eve.' No copyright infringement intended.





Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...