Friday 30 November 2018

'A Newfoundland Themed Event Night'... A reflection (46/365)

Recently the new ice hockey team in St. John's, the Newfoundland Growlers asked their followers on their official Twitter account an interesting question 'What are YOUR must-haves for a Newfoundland themed event night?'

After reflecting on the question about what I know about Newfoundland and researching Newfoundland kitchen parties on the Internet I still can't answer the question. 

All I could answer was that I didn't want to do something that perpetuated a stereotype and in particular a negative stereotype of something which didn't actually exist. So I still have some work to do on this one. 

The post is from the official account of the Newfoundland Growlers. No copyright infringement intended. 





Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...