Sunday 25 November 2018

Splash 'N Boots Release New Album 'You Me And The Sea'... Official release (40/365)

As I have said many times on this blog, one of the reasons why I love researching and writing this blog is I never know what I will discover next, in particular music wise. And this time it was the new album from the Canadian children's group Splash 'N Boots called 'You, Me And The Sea'. Yesterday it was announced via social media the new album had officially been released. So I went to have a listen. And what an awesome album it is too.

Splash 'N Boots have been sharing the making of the album over the past couple of months on social media. They
 worked with Alan Doyle to co-write and produce the album. I have written a previous post about Splash 'N Boots working together with Alan Doyle on their new album called 'Alan Doyle, The Producer...Splash 'N Boots' published on the 18 October, 2018. 

After hearing a couple of tracks on the Splash 'N Boots official YouTube site I went and bought the album on Google Play straight away. Although technically I guess they are a children's group singing about songs that are relevant, interesting and uplifting for Canadian and Newfoundland children, but as an adult I found the songs all that and much more too. It is also not too often I find myself loving all the songs I hear on an album.

Alan Doyle features on a song called 'I'll Be The Captain'. I absolutely love this song. I love the language the group uses to sing this song. The language is how some Newfoundlanders really speak and write. There is also a song which features Alan's son Henry called 'Jack Was Every Inch A Sailor'. There is a cute little video of Henry performing with Splash 'N Boots circulated on their official Instagram account.

My favourite song from the album is called 'Lemonade'. Splash 'N Boots share the story behind this song on the official Splash N Boots Facebook page... 
"This song is based on a little girl named Neveah from Newfoundland who died at the age of 9 of cancer. Before she passed away, she raised thousands of dollars for other kids with cancer by selling lemonade from her lemonade stand. This story really hit us hard - to hear of someone with such a big heart. We wanted to capture what she stood for in the world through this song. Can't wait for you to hear it..." I remember reading about the sad passing of this little girl and her raising money for a good cause on CBCNL. 

I have shared the three songs including my favourite 'Lemonade' from the 'Splash 'N Boots' YouTube site on my Google + page.

If you love music and would like something totally different, uplifting and that makes you want to get off the couch, dance and have a good old fashioned sing-a-long go get this album. The album is available where all good digitial music is sold. 


These posts are from the official Splash 'N Boots Facebook page. No copyright infringement intended.




(photo credit Splash 'N Boots)




(photo credit Splash 'N Boots
)

Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...