Monday 19 November 2018

Alan Doyle And 'The Come Out With Me' Tour (2018)...A review (35/365)

I found this great review titled 'Alan Doyle at the Brockville Arts Centre' by Elizabeth Szekeres published on the 16 November, 2018 on the online music site Roots Music Canada.

I have copied a couple of paragraphs about some of the highlights for some young fans from the review here for interested fans. The article was edited for copyright reasons. 

The full article is available at the following link... https://www.rootsmusic.ca/2018/11/16/alan-doyle-at-the-brockville-arts-centre/

"....The Brockville Arts Centre was all but sold out for this concert. Alan played a variety of tunes, some from his Great Big Sea days, some Newfoundland traditional tunes, and some new compositions. A very talented composer, and ever the hospitable Newfoundlander, Alan makes it his business to welcome his fans at every concert with his song “Come Out With Me:”

I spent my whole life waiting for tonight
Running from the devil in the middle of the deep dark sea
I hope you don’t mind if I ask you once or twice
Come on Come on Come out with me
Come on Come on Come out with me

It’s a rousing number, finely crafted by Alan to do exactly what he wanted, to welcome his audience and make them feel both excited to have a musical night out and completely at home at the same time. Trust a Newfoundlander to make that a reality.


Not long into the evening in Brockville, Alan directly engaged with the audience. He brought onto the stage a young girl who had a birthday. “Make my day!” her sign had read. Alan obliged, and she received vast hugs and fist bumps from all the band members. Another sign was from a five-year-old boy who wanted to request a favourite song. Alan promised it was coming up on the set list, and indeed, it was..."

This post is from the official Roots Music Canada Twitter site. No copyright infringement intended. 



Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...