Friday 16 November 2018

Great Big Sea At The Danforth Music Hall 2012...Throwback Thursday (33/365)

Recently Great Big Sea fans reminded me that it has been just over six years since the first Great Big Sea XX concert at the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto on the 4 November, 2012.

Photographs of set lists shared on social media inform me Great Big Sea celebrated the beginning of the year long tour celebrating their twenty years together by singing many of their fan favourites including Ordinary Day, When I'm Up, Goin' Up, The Night Pat Murphy Died, England, Sea Of No Cares, Good People, Old Black Rum, Consequence Free, Mari-Mac, Run Runaway and Excursion Around The Bay. They also played some new music including Heart of Hearts and Live This Life.

The concert was recorded by CBC Music. The music videos contain some additional comments from Alan Doyle and Bob Hallett. I have circulated some of the official music videos from the CBC music site on YouTube on my Google + page. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

I have also included a music video of Great Big Sea being joined on stage by fellow musicians and friends, John Mann and Geoff Kelly from Spirit of the West singing Old Black Rum. They also sang one of their songs Old Station. Another friend Canadian musician Jeremy Fisher joined them for The Night Pat Murphy Died.

While researching the concert I found a totally awesome collection of black and white and colour photographs of many of the artists and musicians who have performed on the Danforth Music Hall stage including Great Big Sea. 


The totally gorgeous colour and black and white photographs were taken by Jeremy Abramowizc. I have included some screen shots of these photographs. No copyright infringement intended.




(photo credit Jeremy Abramowizc).



(photo credit Jeremy Abramowizc).



(photo credit Jeremy Abramowizc)



Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...