Wednesday 17 October 2018

Alan Doyle And 'A Newfoundlander In Canada'...Happy anniversary ! (2/365)

Yesterday, the 16 October, 2018 Alan Doyle reminded fans and followers on his official social media accounts that his book 'A Newfoundlander In Canada' was available. Many fans responded to the posts stating how much they enjoyed reading the book.

A year ago today on the 17 October, 2017, the book was released by Random House. The evening before Alan shared stories at a packed house at the Appel Salon in the Toronto Public Library. That event was recorded by the library and available on YouTube for those interested. I have included a photograph from the talk below from the YouTube site.

The talk at the Toronto Public Library was the first of many talks Alan did on a book tour throughout October and November 2017. I wrote a number of posts during October 2017 about the tour.

I have included a copy of a From The Road post 'Toronto Hotel' Alan wrote sharing his feelings and thoughts about the book and album about to be released. I have copied the post here for those fans interested. The post is from official Alan Doyle webpage alandoyle.ca. No copyright infringement intended. 






TORONTO HOTEL

October 17th, 2017

Friday was the day for the release of the new album A Week at The Warehouse I couldn’t be more happy with response to all the new tunes. Today is the day for the release day of the new book, A Newfoundlander in Canada. Advance readers have been giving glowing reviews and I am excited to finally get the stories out there. As ever, there’s a nervous energy and an anxious hope that people enjoy what they read. I think that is inevitable for anybody like me who loves to make people smile. So, suffice it to say, with sincerity, I hope you like the book.

A Newfoundlander in Canada is really a journal-like account of my earliest trips across Canada. It tells the story of what the vast and varied country of Canada looked like to me, a fella from the far, far east of the country who’d never really been anywhere but Home. Combine with that, the fact that this fella was seeing the country, the one his family had only recently joined, out the window of a band van as a folk-based quartet tried to bring the music of an Island in the middle of the sea to the mainland of Canada, from Nova Scotia to British Columbia.

I am grateful to Martha, and Scott and Kelly and all at Random House Canada for all the help getting this done. Likewise, I am as grateful as ever to Bob Hallett who sat in front of me in the GBS van in more ways than one for so many years, as his memory is much better than mine.

A Newfoundlander in Canada available everywhere today.

Thanks All

Alan


Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...