Wednesday 3 October 2018

Cory Tetford And Friends Rock The Canadian Summer 2018...Some highlights.

During the Canadian summer months talented singer and musician Cory Tetford from Alan Doyle's Beautiful, Beautiful Band and some of his friends have been playing a number of gigs throughout eastern Canada and Newfoundland.

In the past I have researched, collected social media posts and written about Cory's gigs and I thought it would be great to put some here. They are some of my regularly visited posts.

During the Canadian summer Cory played the The Songwriters and Stories Concert Series (a private songwriters circle event) in eastern Canada, Seven Decades of Sandy on the 19 July in St. John's, the Newfoundland Songwriters Tour with Barry Canning, Paul Lamb and Chris LeDrew in August throughout Newfoundland and the Iceberg Alley Performance Tent with Alan Doyle and The Beautiful, Beautiful Band on the 15 September and opening act for Steve Earle on the 16 September in St. John's with fellow Beautiful, Beautiful Band members Kendel Carson, Kris MacFarlane and Shehab Illyas plus friend Chris LeDrew.

Not a lot is shared by fans or the musicians about these shows via social media although they are often sold out as fans seem to enjoy being in the present with the musicians or they keep what they take for personal use and not share via social media. 


From all the comments I read and the videos I viewed on social media the shows sounded totally awesome. I did manage to find a few gems and have posted them here for people visiting my blog in the future. There are a few short videos of performances under the musician's name or the event and some bootlegged videos from the usual sources on YouTube.

I have also included a copy of some drop dead gorgeous posters advertising the events as I love tour posters.

The photographs come from the official Twitter accounts of the holders. I chose them because they are fabulous photographs but also Newfoundlanders sharing and telling their own music stories. No copyright infringement intended.

The Newfoundland Songwriters Tour...





(photo credit Perry Chafe)





The Iceberg Alley Performance Tent (Opening Show)...








(photo credit Alick Tsui)





(photo credit Iceberg Ally Tent Performance)


Seven Decades Of Sandy....





(Photo credit Paul Kinsman)




Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...