Sunday 28 October 2018

Russell Crowe, Alan Doyle And A Songbook Vol. 3... A reflection (13/365)

Recently Russell Crowe tweeted on his official Twitter account the Crowe/Doyle Songbook Vol. 3 had just started playing. He joked there were a few great tunes even if he said so himself and that Alan Doyle was a fan too. Alan responded by saying he was fan of anything with himself in it, for sure.




So of course I had to go and have a listen to this fabulous album as it had been a while. And I have to confess no matter how much Russell and Alan frustrate me at times I do love the music they create together.

Although both Russell and Alan are fabulous on this album I personally think the talented and fabulous Australian musician and singer Danielle Spencer is the star of this album and her contribution totally underrated. I totally love her voice.

After reading the comments posted on Twitter by fans I was totally surprised at how many of Russell's regular fans had never heard of this album and wanted to buy it. They didn't seem to know where to buy music from or maybe they were just hoping for a tweet from Russell.

I was surprised to read how many fans recommended streaming services which pay artists and musicians zip for their music and in some cases in the past breached copyright laws and paid them nothing for using their music. Even though Russell is a highly successful actor and Alan a musician in his own right they deserve to be paid for music.

At the time the Crow/Doyle Songbook Vol. 3 was released the CD was only available from a physical shop on the east coast of Australia. After a recent search I see that shop has since closed. 

When the album was released I bought it off Google Play. Google Play allows songs to be publicised by sharing via Twitter. I shared some of my favourites via my Twitter account. The album is available where all good digital music is sold.















Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...