Saturday 20 October 2018

The End Of Great Big Sea And To New Beginnings... Five years on (5/365)

"Jaysus. Let people be. Take care of yourself. But try and love all others. Even those you resent. The truth is always in the middle. No need to pour gas on the fire." Darrell Power, Former Great Big Sea founding member on the On-line Kitchen Party, A Great Big Sea Community Forum Facebook page...

A podcast with Sean McCann titled 'Second Chances, New Truths and Living Sober' was shared on the Online Kitchen Party, A Great Big Sea Community Fan Forum on Facebook by the usual sources. Although the discussion about this podcast (fostered by the usual sources) is in it's early stages I am going to put my two cents worth in via this blog post as I don't belong to that group.

It has been five years since Sean McCann and the other members of Great Big Sea, Alan Doyle and Bob Hallett went their separate ways at Sean McCann's request. During those five years I have read many interviews from all three and in particular Sean McCann and discussions from fans on social media and in particular on the On-Line Kitchen Party. I have written quite a few posts on this blog.

I think I have read everything that could possibly be said about this topic. Firstly, I am not going to listen to that pod cast and secondly, I absolutely agree with Darrell Power's comments after the initial post "Jaysus. Let people be. Take care of yourself. But try and love all others. Even those you resent. The truth is always in the middle. No need to pour gas on the fire. "

Sean McCann has been circulating a lot of memorabilia including photographs and videos about the early years of Great Big Sea via social media. There have been rumours of a reunion concert or concerts however, I think that is just a lead up to the book he has been writing. To be honest I think all the talk by Sean McCann of a reunion concert or concerts and meetings with the other boys is purely the promotion of this book and looking for ways to get a pay out for his share in the band.

For those fans interested there is a copy of the pod cast on YouTube.








Fandom, An Unexpected Journey 600 Blog Posts... Thank You !

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating writing and sharing my 500 th blog post. Today I am celebrating writing and sharing 600 blog ...